Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Looking forward to holidays

Thought these period of the year would be quite free and easy... how wrong I am!!
I'm still sick.... dunno why the fly bug keeps coming back for more.... I'm sick until my own team members have to kicked me out of the office and send me home to rest. I think Ijust need more rest & sleep. That's why cant wait for my 2 wks break after next week. Plus a friend from Spore will be visiting for the wkend!

So last wkend, Dav & I cooked the egg salad and salmon fillet. It didnt turn out as nice as Cat's. Actually it didnt turn out good at all. Althought it was still edible, it's not really up to standard. Well its mainly my fault cos I didnt read the instructions properly. Didnt know I need an oven to cook the salmon (I dont hv oven at home). Then I dont hv a non-stick pan (my salmon skin was all burnt and stuck to the pan). Lastly I didnt hv proper rosemary.. I opted to get those bottled ones.

So the outcome was quite disasterous... Dav would disagree. He actually love the half cooked salmon. My sis didnt like it at all.. it was too 'fishy'. However, the egg was good. Bought bacon strips to serve with the egg salad. So that was an instant hit. You can never go wrong with bacon. :)

That was last week's attempt at cooking. Dav thought that I will never continue on trying.. but I'll prove him wrong! hehehehe

I got good news! I've been sent to Chile to do some work in Jan 2o07. Will be there for abt 3 wks. And wats great abt this trip is that Dav have decided to tag along too! It will be the first time both of us step on South America soil! Cant wait!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Chile!!!!! I've always wanted to go to South America! Sounds awesome :)

That salmon dish by Jamie was so-so too...either that or I was too full from my prawn cocktail! But I reheated my leftover salmon the next day and it was delish!

I didn't bother cooking it in the oven and just pan-fried it on the stove but I did use a non-stick pan. And I cooked it just to pink but cooked the entire way through.
But I'm glad the egg salad worked :)
So please don't give up K? By the end of this you will be able to cook a 3 course Ang-Moh dinner :)

Anonymous said...

So.....envy!!!! My travelling will have to put on hold don't know for how long since the little one is coming soon. Financially also a bit tight coz another mouth to feed. :(

Tache

Anonymous said...

The best I can cook is only maggie mee, so you and Dav are undeniably better cooks :)