Monday, November 06, 2006

New experiences

I've been quite busy in Australia... no.. that's not true. I dont have internet access back in the hotel, so I cant blog.. and that's the truth!

Anyway, been in Sydney for 3 wks already. This place has never been my favourite, even though I studied here before (yonks ago). But I'm starting to enjoy this round of my visit. Why? Alot of reasons.

Firstly, I've got a car. So I have the freedom to go anywhere I wan. The only setback is that the car is too bloody big. But I'm getting used to it. Even drove all the way to Homebush (where the Olympic Park is situated) to go to the Direct Factory Outlet for shopping. Went there by myself and spent about 3 hrs shopping! So u can imagine the amt of money I've spent....

Secondly, I've gotten to know one of my aussie colleague quite well. She's been very kind to take me around to places I've never been before. Quite sad that she's leaving the company, but I'm happy that i've gotten to know her so well.

Thirdly, the company is paying for the team to head to Cairns for the wkend!! Yipee! I've never been to Queensland before, so this trip will add another tick to my 'Places to go' list.

Also, i've managed to catch up with some uni mates. Everyone has grown up now, worrying abt their career, family life, etc. Talking about investments, tax return, cars... everyone is the same but different. Grown ups talk... miss those old days where we talk rubbish... hahahaha

ok some pics to show the 'fun' i have been having...


Sipping champagne at Opera Bar by the Opera House, with the sunset view of the Harbour Bridge. A must to go!
















Having marshmallow dipped in chocolate fondue in Hunter Valley.. yummy!











This was taken at a place called 'The Gap'. Its just besides Watson's Bay. This place is where alot of locals come to commit suicide by jumping into the sea!!

2 comments:

Catty Pants said...

Arlo! Arlo! I was so busy with me gfs here in Melbourne that I forgot you were still in Sydney!!! When you going back? Let me know cause I want to call before you go K? Take care!

Serene Bean said...

Eh! I can still talk rubbish k!! :):) BTW, wanna come over for dinner next week after you get back from Cairns? Let me know yah.