Sunday, June 25, 2006

Observation from Seoul, South Korea

Its already Sunday, was supposed to check out the palaces but when I find out that its CSI day on one of the tv station, being a CSI fan, I couldnt resists stayin in. But I did went out and hv my brunch...

I hv been here for a wk now. Honestly I dont think this place is that nice. Its just like any other city. I think the reason why I dont enjoy the sight seeing is bcos of the communication challenges. Although most things have english words on them (except for food menu), most koreans cant speak ENGLISH!! (except for those in the hotel) This is a major problem for me, that kinda puts me off from going out.

I did spent 8 hrs walking ard the shopping area (Namdaemun Market, Myeong-dong, Dongdaemun Market), found 2 of those olden korean gates and went up to Mt Namsan by cable car to check out Namsan Seoul Tower.

Something I find interesting is the Korean ppl. Firstly, I hv never seen sooo many skinny girls in a city before (except maybe for HK & Spore)! They are fair skin, face is absolutely smooth with no scar, acne or huge pore... Even my ex-boss, transferred to work in BAT Korea said the girls here are anorexic! I wonder what's the secret....

Second observation, yogurt seem to be a korean fav food (besides kimchi).. I think cos summer is just ard the corner, cold yogurt is very attractive. Tried sundae yogurt this afternoon in this cafe called The Cafe Ice Berry, 5 mins walk away from the hotel. They serve a variety kind of ice cream and yogurt.. very tempting especially when its hot outside. Besides, they serve it with alot of fruits which kinda makes it healthy in a way. This is what I had...

Very nicely decorated with 4 different kind of fruits. But mine did not have strawberries in it... it was replaced with watermelon. Both also my favs, so I didnt mind.

This cafe does not have an english menu, so I had to point and ask several times before they got my orders. This place is highly recommended if you're into ice-creams and fruits. Ohh... also the yogurt does not taste sweet, abit sour but refreshing!

Besides finding fruits on yogurt, I found Korean girls are very into cosmetics and skin care. If you dont already know, recently a Korean skin product company, The Face Shop opened a branch in Mid Valley. I bought their face fruit mask face to tried it out. Its actually quite nice. Its cheaper to get the product here too. Besides The Face Shop, there are alot more cosmestics shop which is constantly full of ladies (e.g. The Skin Food). Maybe its the wkend. Ohh, one of their tactics to get ppl to go into their shops are by giving out samples. Why does Korean likes to use food to nourish the skins? but it does makes the products smell good... :)

Will put up some pics I took when I get my ass off the bed and my eyes off CSIs.. hahahaha hv a gd wkend!

No comments: