Thursday, February 02, 2006

I'm back

Not really, just reached LA last night. The holiday was great. I had a great time meeting new friends and eating unhealthy foods.

I took the train Coast Starlight from Union Station, downtown LA to Oakland, before taking a bus to San Francisco (SF). The whole journey was to scheduled to take about 11hrs. But series of unfortunate events happened, resulting a 4 hrs delay. Someone died from a train and car collision, this very train could be the train I'm in, if not because we stopped to let them pass first.. I reached SF at ard 3am in the morning and was dumped downtown without any direction on where to go. It was supposed to be 9 blocks away. In the end, I took a cab. Checked in the hostel and went to bed. The room stank of BO (I found out later on that it was because of the previous guy that slept on the bed that I was on, yuck).

Anyway, just a brief info on the hostel that I was staying. It's about USD25 a day, with new towel everyday, free breakfast and dinner (Mon, Wed, Fri). There's open mic performance, pub crawl, and etc activities there. It's a bargain. So check out Green Tortoise, the next time you travel to San Francisco.

I've met up with this German guy there, that came for an interview/holiday. We made plans to go around together. Great guy with loads of love for his hometown, Berlin. I guess we had something in common, being so far away from home, families and loved ones. I'm missing every second that I'm not around KL since day one.. Steph, my family, and friends. I love you guys.

The 2nd phase of the trip was to be Carmel/Monterey. I loved this place for the simple reason that it's near the sea. Anyway, I have updated the photos there, do check them out at http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidseow/.

To Patrick, Robin, Claudia, Deryn, John, Pat, and the rest. Thanks for making this trip such an enjoyable one. I had loads of fun meeting you guys. Keep in touch.

No comments: