Monday, June 06, 2005

RSS

Recently I have just discovered a new technology which I find quite cool.. its called Really Simple Syndication (RSS). RSS is a popular technology employed by websites and weblogs to push headlines and summaries of content directly to users (Definition from The Star Newspaper website). How it works? Brief description according to my interpretation:

From a reader point of view
  1. Select a RSS reader. There is a few in the market. Currently I am using Feedreader. This is a software installed in your machine which help you receive the feed daily. There is also an online version called NewsGator. Instead of installing a software, you can use this online version.
  2. Next browse through websites which has the RSS symbol. This indicates that you can subscribe to the website's rss feed.
  3. Right click on the RSS symbol and copy shortcut.
  4. Add the shortcut into your RSS reader (i.e. Add new Feed)
  5. Enjoy reading latest updates to the website you have just added!

As I have just discovered this new technology.. I have only managed to understand how to add new feed. Have not read up on how to create one. Will keep you guys updated on that one.. its abit technical for my standard. hehehehe

Ohh.. you can get RSS feed from this blog. Just add this link to your RSS reader and VIOLA! you will be alerted on the new updates on this blog. I have also attached the link on the left bar.

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THANKS TO MY PARTNER (DS) FOR SHOWING ME THE LIGHT!! (P/S: Happy Now? hehehehe)

2 comments:

ds said...

Shouldn't there be any credits being mentioned on the one that showed you about it?

Unknown said...

yes yes of course there shld be.. sorry MASTER....