Saturday, October 07, 2006

Siem Reap & Phnom Penh photos!

This trip was really an eye opener to me. As we sit in a bar sipping cold beer - away from the scorching heat, there are people loosing their limbs/lives, kids begging on the street, and corruption in every places.

Yet, I see people with genuine smiles, beautiful countryside, and an amazing but gruesome history. I would have thought I'd see people with blank steely eyes and with very little to live for, yet they are so full of life. I can't help but be inspired by all of this.

Be thankful with what you have. No matter how hard life is and how little you get out of it, there are people out there that have been through worst.

Click on the photo below to view the photo album.


3 comments:

azer said...

Nice photo set..loved the angkor wat pic with the reflection. Btw, are u using any filters for these shots?? ND grad perhaps??

Serene Bean said...

Fantastic photos! Love the ones with the kids jumping into the water. I assume Dave took them? :)

Unknown said...

All compliments to Dave. He was the photographer. I'm just his humble assistance which helps carry the tripod n bags.