Friday, September 22, 2006

Vanilla Flavoured Car Air Freshener

Dav has been quite crazy over his vanilla flavoured car air freshener which he bought from Houston. According to him, you cant get vanilla flavour in the Msian market.... really?!?

Anyway, his, is running out and he has asked me to get some for him in London. And so my adventure begun with finding the right store to go to... It all started by going to the local supermarket like Sainsbury.. but they only sell groceries. Even went to the big ones to see if they have car air freshener.. but NO.

Ok, find... I then move on to Boots (famous pharmachy store in UK, like our guardian). Since its a pharmacy, of course they mainly sell drugs and cosmetics product. I asked the assistance in the store and he said I might find it in a bigger Boots store...

Then I asked myself... why issit so hard to find a bloody car air freshener??

Find find... emailed dav, told him that i cant find any... and he gave me some 'advise'. He managed to locate a car shop which sell car air freshener. The shop website was quite impressive. It has a store locator function and even a map. Ok.. looking good. Located the nearest store and printed out the map. I'm ready to go after work... its even in the same tube line as my office tube station. Brilliant!

On my way there.. (it takes about 20 mins tube ride, yes. its that far.. its in zone 2)... in the tube, halfway through the journey suddenly the tube stopped. For a good 30 seconds!!! My god.. normally I have no issue with space ... the fact that we're underground (ie all dark), I started thinking abt the london bombs which happened last year (or was it this yr?) and I started panicking... what is happening?? ok.. maybe abit too dramatic.. but seriously i was thinking abt all the things that could go wrong in the underground tube... save to say, I survived.. hahahaha cos the tube started moving after that... then its all back to normal.

I have to say though I went all the way to some remote town just to get the car air freshener alone. The things I would do for other ppl.... just amazes me... hahahaha (so perasan!)

1 comment:

Serene Bean said...

The things you do for people, that's what I call LOVE, Steph. :)